This curriculum is an outcome-based curriculum, in which the writing committee analyzes and evaluates the graduated competencies with reference to Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), National Academic Reference Standard (NARS), and with consideration to the local context of Sudan. Finally was restructured according to the recommendation of the committee on Higher Education Ministry.
This Program provides B.Sc degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences (B. Pharm).the curriculum weigh a total of 180 credit hours, distributed as:
- Higher Education and University Requirements courses = 16credit hours (8%).
- Faculty Requirement courses= 55 credit hours (28%) distributed as:
- Basic Science courses = 32 credit hours (17%)
- Basic Medical science courses = 23 credit hours (12%)
- Basic and Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences =109 credit hours (61%) distributed as follows:
- Basic pharmaceutical science 88 credit hours (48%) distributed
- Pharmaceutical Technology = 26 Cr Hrs.
- Pharmacognosy = 16 Cr. Hrs.
- Pharmacology and Toxicology = 15 Cr. Hrs.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry = 20Cr. Hrs.
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology = 11 Cr. Hrs.
- Pharmacy Practice = 17 Cr. Hrs.(9%)
- Graduate Research Project = 4Cr. Hrs.(3%)